Sawtooth Martial Arts — the one thing you do in your life that will make everything else better!
Sawtooth Martial Arts was established in 1996 and is a nationally certified school under the U.S. Soo Bahk Do Moo Duk Kwan Federation. Oliver Whitcomb (owner/chief instructor) has trained consistently in the art of Soo Bahk Do since 1979.
Sawtooth Martial Arts provides classes throughout the year for all ages and abilities at The Gateway (Hailey) and Zenergy (Ketchum). Benefits from training include:
- Flexibility, coordination, balance, and strength
- Discipline and respect
- Conflict resolution and improved human relations
- Practical self defense
Traditional Korean Karate (Soo Bahk Do)
Soo Bahk Do teaches the science behind proper breath and movement. It is predominantly a stand up (striking) art form that employs a wide range of techniques including:
- Proper stretching
- Proper conditioning
- Proper use of hip
- Proper breathing
- Hard/Soft techniques
- Linear/Circular movements
- Long/Close quarters combat
This is an informal martial arts class designed to workout your entire body. This class will emphasize:
- Proper breathing techniques
- Active stretching methods
- Learning to execute martial arts techniques properly
- Two-minute rounds of combinations on heavy bags
- Abdominal conditioning
Guaranteed to leave you sweating and smiling!
Therapeutic Martial Arts (Integrated Breathing and Movement – IBAM)
This class will teach you practical breathing and movement techniques that have been proven to give the following benefits:
- Relieves stress
- Optimizes health and performance
- Increases physical and emotional resilience to overcome challenges
- Reduces chronic fatigue and pain in the body
Guaranteed to leave you feeling better from head to toe!